We all know that Presidents day means one less day of school, one less day of work, and more time to spend with family. Here are some fun facts about President’s day. Maybe you knew these already, but hopefully you learn something new!
- Presidents Day is celebrated on the third Monday in February, as stated in the Uniform Monday Holiday Act of 1968.
- The original holiday was established in 1885 in honor of George Washington’s birthday
- George Washington’s real birthday is February 22nd!
- The holiday is still called Washington’s Birthday by the Federal Government
- In total, there were four presidents born in February
- The four are George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, William Harrison, and Ronald Reagan
- Presidents Day NEVER falls on the actual birthday of any American president
- The Uniform Monday Holiday Act added Abraham Lincoln’s birthday to the holiday
- This year, Washington would have been 287 years old
- This year, Lincoln would have been 210 years old
Contact your Trusted Choice Independent Insurance Agency at Richey-Barrett Insurance with any questions or comments you may have.